- Protection of personal data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The administrator is Studio4U Piotr Piechota, who has concluded a contract or cooperates with a contractor on the basis of fixed or one-time orders.
In this clause, we inform you about the ways in which personal data is used, as well as the rights of individuals in connection with the collection and use of such data. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at: email@example.com
- Scope of information
In this clause Studio4u Piotr Piechota informs about all forms of use of personal data in Poland in relation to natural persons who are:
- suppliers or contractors of Studio4U Piotr Piechota,
- subcontractors of suppliers or contractors Studio4U Piotr Piechota,
- partners, employees, legal representatives, agents, representatives of suppliers, contractors or their subcontractors, other persons whose data we process for the purpose of issuing or executing invoices in cooperation with suppliers or contractors (collectively, “You” or “Contractors”).
- Types of personal data processed
Data provided by Contractors
In connection with the cooperation between you and Studio4U Piotr Piechota, which may consist in particular in the provision by you or the organization represented by you of services or the delivery of goods to Studio4U Piotr Piechota or cooperation by intermediaries, we may process personal data provided by you, such as:
- name, company, business address and mailing addresses,
- numbers held in the relevant registers (e.g. VAT number or REGON number, Social Security number),
- Contact information, such as your email address or phone or fax number,
- the position you occupy within your organisation or function,
- the powers held,
- bank account number.
In the case of concluding an agreement directly between you and Studio4U Piotr Piechota, providing the data specified above is voluntary, but necessary for the purpose of concluding the agreement and handling cooperation between you and Studio4U Piotr Piechota. This also applies if Studio4U Piotr Piechota periodically or once orders goods or services from you.
In the event that you do not enter into a contract directly with Studio4U Piotr Piechota, providing personal data may be your official duty or may be necessary for the conclusion of a contract between you and a third party (e.g. if you are a subcontractor of the Contractor). The consequence of not giving data is the inability of Studio4U Piotr Piechota to perform the above actions (for example, failure to provide data may result in the inability to execute or issue an invoice).
The contact details of the Contractors indicated in points a)-f) will be processed by Studio4U Piotr Piechota as the data controller for the purpose of creating the Contractor Database.
Data collected from other sources
We may collect your personal data from publicly available sources, such as ceidg or krs business registers, in order to verify the information you provide. In this case, the scope of the data processed will be limited to data available to the public in the relevant registers.
We may also collect your personal data from entities where you are employed or represented. The scope of the data processed in this case will include the information necessary to handle cooperation and contact with the Contractor, e.g. information about the termination of your employment with the entity or the change of contact details.
We may also collect personal data of contractors’ subcontractors from contractors who have provided Studio4U Piotr Piechota with such data in order to support cooperation between the Contractor and Studio4U Piotr Piechota.
- Legal bases, purposes and periods of data processing
Legal basis for data processing
We process personal data only if:
- processing is necessary to fulfill contractual obligations towards you if you are or will be a party to a contract concluded with Studio4U Piotr Piechota or to take certain pre-contractual steps, e.g. preparing a draft contract (Article 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- processing is necessary in order to comply with the legal obligations of Studio4U Piotr Piechota or expressly required by law (Article 6(1)(c) GDPR) – in respect of personal data contained in documents subject to legal archiving;
- the processing is necessary for the realization of the legitimate interests of Studio4U Piotr Piechota or a third party and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms (Article 6(1)(f) GDPR). When processing personal data on this basis, we always strive to strike a balance between our legitimate interest and your privacy
Legitimate interests are:
- enabling Studio4U Piotr Piechota to contact contractors and handle the contract;
- the use of contractors’ contact details within the Contractor Database;
- prevention of fraud and criminal activity;
- determination or investigation by Studio4U Piotr Piechota cooperating with the Contractor of civil claims in the course of his business, as well as defense against such claims;
- verification of the Contractor’s credibility;
- verification of Contractors in public registers.
Data processing periods set for each purpose
Personal data are processed only for a specific purpose and to the extent necessary for its achievement and for as long as necessary. Below are presented the basic objectives pursued by Studio4U Piotr Piechota through the processing of personal data and the periods during which it processes:
- obligations under the contract – the duration of the contract between the Contractor and Studio4U Piotr Piechota;
- keeping records for the purpose of demonstrating compliance with legal obligations, in particular the Accounting Act and the Act – Tax Code – period specified in the relevant legislation. As a general rule, these are 5-year periods, calculated from the end of the calendar year in which the event occurred (e.g. issuing an invoice);
- for the purpose of determining or pursuing by Studio4U Piotr Piechota civil claims in the course of his business, as well as defending against such claims – for the relevant limitation periods of such claims, i.e. as a general rule, not more than 3 years after the event resulting in the claim.
- Transfer of personal data to other recipients
The data may be transferred to the following recipients:
- entities processing personal data on behalf of Studio4U Piotr Piechota, among others such as:
- entities providing IT support services relating to IT systems or tools for the processing of personal data or similar services,
Such entities do not decide for themselves how to process your personal data. The processing of personal data by them takes place only to the extent that it is necessary for the conduct of business by Studio4U Piotr Piechota and will not go beyond the scope of the purposes indicated in paragraph 1. 4. Studio4U Piotr Piechota has the right to carry out inspection activities.
- (b) other controllers of personal data, including:
- courier or postal service providers,
- advisory entities, law firms,
- other Counterparties or subcontractors involved in the performance of the contract
- (c) other entities within the Contractor or subcontractor.
Data transfer outside the European Economic Area
Your personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area.
- Your rights and use
Each person has the right to access his/her personal data processed by Studio4U Piotr Piechota. If you believe that any information about you is incorrect or incomplete, please request that it be corrected as set out in section 6.2 below. Studio4U Piotr Piechota will promptly correct such information.
In addition, you have the right to:
- withdrawal of your consent in the event that Studio4U Piotr Piechota obtains such consent for the processing of personal data (on the reservation that this withdrawal will not violate the lawfulness of data processing carried out before the withdrawal);
- request the erasure of your personal data in cases defined by the GDPR;
- request restriction of the processing of your personal data in cases specified by the GDPR;
- to object, for reasons related to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data, if such processing is carried out for the purpose of pursuing the public interest or legitimate interests of Studio4U Piotr Piechota or a third party;
- transfer of data.
Studio4U Piotr Piechota will verify your requests, requests or objections in accordance with applicable data protection laws. However, it should be borne in mind that these rights are not absolute; exceptions to their application.
In response to your request Studio4U Piotr Piechota may ask you to verify your identity or provide information that will help Studio4U Piotr Piechota better understand the situation. Studio4U Piotr Piechota will do its best to explain your decision to you if your requests are not met.
Exercising your rights
To exercise the above rights, please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written application to the mailing address i.e. Studio4U Piotr Piechota, ul. 11 November 99, 32-440 Sułkowice with a note – “Data protection – contractors”.
If you learn about the unlawful processing of your personal data by Studio4U Piotr Piechota, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority competent in matters of personal data protection, i.e. the Court of Justice of the European Union. President of the Office for Personal Data Protection.
In order to keep your personal information up to date and accurate, we may periodically ask you to review and confirm the personal information we hold about you or to inform us of any changes to that personal information (such as changing your email address).
We encourage you to regularly check the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of the personal data processed.